Hi, everybody! My name is Lijun Wang, and my Japanese name is Sotomoya Jin. I'm an international student from China and currently a freshman at CU. I'm very happy to be your classmate this semester and look forward to making good friends with you all.
On studying Japanese, I think it is not that hard for me at this beginning stage, because I had some basis in Japanese before, and all the Kanji that we have to learn are basically Chinese characters, so right now I feel it's quite easy for me, however, Japanese is famous for its complicated grammar and structure on high level, so I think we all will have a hard time when we are trying to reach that level and fluency.
About my hobbies, actually many of them are related to Japan. For example, I like to watch Anime, read Manga and watch some Japanese TV dramas and shows, and especially the Taika Drama, which is a series of Japanese history dramas that shows on NHK every year, and each year they will choose a (different) famous historical person to talk about. I love this series of dramas, and I think if you're a samurai or kendo fan, you should not miss it; also, if you watch it, in the meantime, you can also learn a lot on Japanese history, which I think is far more interesting than that of the US. Moreover, something else that I like about Japan are Kendo, Chado, Sumo, Sushi and Jpop. I can sing many songs in Japanese, but I'm a horrible singer, so I rarely sing in public.
Also, I am a big soccer fan and I follow the national team of China, Japan and the US. My favorite player in the past is Hidetoshi Nakata, but right now is Keisuke Honda. I love playing Japanese video games, especially the strategy games made by Koei. I play them a lot in my spare time and really enjoy them. So if you are interested in those games, I can share them with you, and a good thing is that they are all in Japanese (or Chinese), so you can actually learn things while you're playing. But just don't get addicted to them, though some of them are quite addictive (to me). In addition, I know some Chinese websites that provide free Japanese Manga, Anime, TV shows downloading and watching, and there're also tons of great Japanese study materials, so if you're interested, I can share them with you!
Here I think I got enough things to say about myself and I think you guys will get to know me better in and outside of our class. So from now on, let's begin communicating! (in Japanese hopefully ^ ^)
Lijun~~
回复删除You don't have to root for the Yankees and Red Sox because they are big~~~~~~~~rival as you know.
Yes, you are a "New Yorker" so that you should follow only the "Yankees"
"Let's go Yankess!"
hahhha
@Wook san:
回复删除Well, I'll try...haha...
私もサッカがとてもすきです。ひでとしなかたとけいすけほんだはサッカがじょうずですね!南アフリカ(南=South)のワールドカップをみましたか?
回复删除